Friday, July 15, 2011

Posted by Unknown | File under : ,
Photobucket

We were organizing and spring cleaning in the summer last week and I ran across these tickets. 

3 Years ago, almost to the date, back when Caleb and I were single people roaming the streets of Las Vegas, the show Stomp was in town. When he first met me back in February of 2008 we had a brief conversation about how I would love to see it, and he kept that piece of information in his heart.

I was moving to San Diego on August 1st, so Caleb in an attempt to woo me decided to buy tickets for Stomp and told me he wanted to make sure I did all the things I wanted to do in Las Vegas before I left. I couldn't resist his lovely approach and accepted his invitation, he offered to pick me up but I was difficult and told him I'd meet him there.

We met at dinner with other friends and after we headed to the Planet Hollywood in separate cars. I was nervous, I didn't know what to expect from this gentleman who had remembered a conversation he had with me many months before. We went to stomp, loved every second of it and leftto find some of the performers outside, we took a few pictures with them and then started kicking and tapping our feet to everything that would make noise. 

It was such a fun night, I count it as our official first date, and a pretty awesome one at that. We just chatted for a while after the show, and after he followed me home to make sure I made it safely (which was incredible considering he lived by the Red Rock -North West- and i lived in Henderson -South East-). I love having the tickets that remind us of how our lives together started, I love that it wasn't just a date but instead the beginning of a journey, a long journey. I love that we just chatted that night, we just got to know each other, we didn't even officially start dating until 2 months later, we took our time and we decided to let God do all the magic. 

Happy First Date -almost- anniversary husband, you are my gloomy day (this is good, he knows).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment