Sunday, December 26, 2010

Posted by Unknown | File under : ,
So many stories, so many late nights, so much to tell!!

Husband, Kris and I drove to Palm Springs Thursday night to meet up with Momma and Poppa. The plan was simple: drive to Palm Springs and wake up early to drive to Vegas and spend Christmas Eve and Christmas there.

Well we weren't going back to San Diego after Vegas so I had to pack for Palm Springs, San Diego, a trip through LA and MIA and 15 days in Colombia; and it all had to fit in my wonderful Scion XA.

I never leave my house for more than a day without leaving it clean and organized. The thought of coming back from a trip to a messy place makes me cranky already; I can't imagine what I would be like if I actually did come back to a mess. So cleaning and organizing was part of the itinerary too. All of this crazyness wrapped into one day caused for us to leave at 1130pm to Palm Springs. We arrived around 2am and headed to bed almost immediately, a 7am wake up call was in the near future.

Like the great kids we are we jumped out of bed at 7am, got ready to leave Palm Springs and at 830am we were all packed up in the rental car and ready for Vegas Baby. We drove through the desert, no freeways for those of us who live on the edge right?... right?

Photobucket

Photobucket

The ride was gorgeous, and I was loving it even though I wanted to throw up and felt like my head was trying to escape my body. Since I moved to the States I have been getting crazy motion sickness, I must admit it is not a fun new peculiarity the one I decided to acquire. 

After 4 and a half hours we were finally at what seemed to be the busiest hotel in Vegas. After trying to sort out a mess with the concierge, we made it to our rooms.

Photobucket

All the sickness, and all the busy-ness, and the crazy amount of people; all of it simply seemed insignificant compared to what I could see sitting in my room. Both Husband and I lived in Vegas for a couple years, most of it wasn't new to us, but that is the magic of the city; even if you've seen it a thousand times Vegas is always grandiose, always monumental, always dramatic and impressive; always Vegas.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And just like that Christmas Eve turned into a unique, fun filled experience that had just started.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment