Thursday, December 30, 2010

Posted by Unknown | File under : , ,
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I went to an awesome school growing up. It was a private school that had kindergarten through 11th grade (yeah in Colombia we have 11, not 12. We instead have a year in between kindergarten and first grade called transition were they prepare you for real school, so it's the same amount of years). Being in the same school for 11 years (I got there in 1st grade) allowed for me to make friendships that through the years have become almost family.

Even though many of my friends live in different countries and in different parts of both Colombia and the States we have managed to keep in touch and maintain a closeness that have fed our relationship through the years. A couple of my friends who still live n Bogota decided to have a fondue night to welcome me and Caleb to the city; it was so nice to see them in their own apartments, with their grown up jobs, next to their husbands or future husbands and to remember how much life has changed in just a couple decades. 

We shared stories from back when we were in school. Caleb heard about things he never knew and realized how much I've changed and how much my essence remains untarnished. We talked politics, art, love, plans; and of course I got updated on everybody's life. 

A couple of my girlfriends couldn't make it, so Saturday the 8th we will try again, and again I will be filled with joy from their presence and a hint of sadness because I am missing every milestone of their life. 

I pray for them every day and I believe they will serve the Lord with me one day and our relationship will start to take the shape it is meant to take and we will love each other with His love for us and this great relationship we have right now will seem weak in comparison.

0 comments:

Post a Comment