Saturday, June 11, 2011

Posted by Unknown | File under : ,
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 years ago when Kung Fu panda came out Caleb and I were friends, he liked me, a lot, even though he hadn't really said that to me; I was trying to decipher why my heart was moving faster when he was around even though I hadn't said that to him. He asked me out to the movies for the second time (since the first time he asked I showed up with a whole bunch of people) and I accepted. Kung Fu Panda it was, at the movie theaters on Easter and Pebble, in Henderson Nevada.

I was a few minutes early, as I usually am; and he was a few minutes late, as he usually is. I waited in front of the theater reading a book and he showed up apologizing for he lived on the other side of town, I made a smart remark and inside we went.

It was July in the desert, it was really warm outside and really cold in the theater; I made a comment about being cold and my lovely husband, whom I barely knew at the time, asked if I wanted my legs rubbed and started laughing, then apologized. Silly boy. The movie started and we talked through the whole thing, at one point I asked who tigress was to which K reply she was a tiger. To this day he insists I asked what tigress was. Regardless, we laughed at my question/his answer, annoyed everyone else in the theater, and for once in my life I didn't care, I just wanted to enjoy my time with Mr. Luehmann.

When the movie was over K asked if I was hungry, I lied said I was ok and then said good bye, only to go home to eat. It was the first time we spent time alone, the first of many, many, many, many dates and it is how Kung Fun became part of my favorite story, my love story. 

So Kung Fu Panda 2 coming out around the time of our second wedding anniversary was a mandatory date night. Legs uncovered, so they could be rubbed, I went with my husband to the theater on Frazee and Hazard Center in San Diego, California. I went to see the tigress who was a tiger and one more time annoy the people in the theater with our laughter and conversation, and reminiscence about those days when I would lie about being hungry in an effort to be prudent and act against what my heart desired.

These last 3 years have been the best book ever written and I love being one of the main characters with a handsome man whose love for God and for me is a constant inspiration.

0 comments:

Post a Comment